Welcome to Connect with Kids WebSource, the largest, evidence-based, online video resource focused on the following topics:
- Bullying Prevention
- Character Development and Life Skills
- Digital Citizenship
- Drug and Alcohol Prevention
- Health and Wellness
The site provides access to more than 200 streaming videos for students, lesson plans, English and Spanish resources for parents (including Spanish videos) professional development programs for teachers. In each section, you will also find video shortcuts that provide additional research and background information on key issues.
Research and Methodology
Connect with Kids has been designated an “Effective Producer” of programs by the U.S. Department of Education and appears on the prestigious U.S. Department of Education’s What Works Clearinghouse List. Research shows that schools using Connect with Kids programs experienced:
- A decrease in physical and verbal aggressive behaviors among students.
- A decrease in the likelihood of students using drugs and alcohol.
- An increase in positive social and emotional behaviors among students.
- Improved communication among students, teachers and parents.
How to Use WebSource
WebSource video segments feature real kids talking about today’s very real social and emotional challenges. Video segments are two to eight minutes in length, designed to fit into busy classroom schedules. Accompanying lesson plans with discussion and self-reflection questions, and in-class activities continue the learning as kids (and parents!) can listen and learn from each other.
Visit How to Use WebSource to watch a video overview, along with downloadable print outlines describing WebSource content.